Innovation Space BioBall - Vision
Driver of Structural Change
The Innovation Space BioBall is a driver of structural change towards a sustainable, bio-based economy – under the specific conditions of a densely populated and industrialized metropolitan region.
The Innovation Space BioBall will become a prototype for a sustainable, bio-economic added value in industrial metropolitan regions and is nationally and internationally connectable as well as transferable to other regions.
What is Bioeconomy?
The requirements of climate and environmental protection as well as the growing world population are pushing the economy, which is mainly based on fossil resources, to its limits. The bioeconomy helps to make use of biological resources and residues and to shift the base of the manufacturing industry towards renewable raw materials – thus, at the same time securing prosperity and meeting the demands of protecting the environment and the climate. According to the definition of the German government, bioeconomy comprises the production, exploitation, and utilization of biological resources, processes, and systems to provide products, procedures, and services in all economic sectors within the framework of a future-oriented, sustainable economic system.
- Pietzsch J (Eds) (2019) Bioeconomy for Beginners. Springer-Verlag GmbH Deutschland.
- Viaggi D (Ed) (2019) The Bioeconomy: Delivering Sustainable Green Growth. CABI
- Dries L, Heijman W, Jongeneel R, Purnhagen K, Wesseler J (Eds) (2019) EU Bioeconomy Economics and Policies. Springer International Publishing AG
- Bhaskar T, Pandey A, Mohan SV, Lee D-J, Khanal SK (2018) Waste Biorefinery - Potential and Perspectives. Elsevier
- Lewandowski, I (Ed) (2018) Bioeconomy - Shaping the Transition to a Sustainable, Biobased Economy
- Leal Filho W, Pociovalisteanu DM, Borges de Brito PR, Borges de Lima I. (Eds) (2017) Towards a Sustainable Bioeconomy: Principles, Challenges and Perspectives. Springer International Publishing AG.
- Sillanpää, M, Ncibi C. (2017) A Sustainable Bioeconomy - The Green Industrial Revolution. Springer International Publishing AG.
- Souza GM, Victoria RL, Joly CA, Verdade LM (2015) Bioenergy & Sustainability: bridging the gaps. SCOPE 72
- Lau PCK (Ed) (2016) Quality living through chemurgy and green chemistry. Springer-Verlag GmbH Deutschland.
- Berta M, Offermanns H, Plass L, Schmidt F, Wernicke HJ (Eds) (2014) Methanol: The basic chemical and energy feedstock of the future. Springer Heidelberg New York Dordrecht London.